Burnage Foodbank is looking for a person to act as the deputy project manager in a voluntary capacity.
The role description is below. If you think you can help please telephone Margaret Witty on 07796 448 205 or email [email protected]
The volunteer would be expected to undertake tasks as directed by the Project Manager, including deputising in their absence, and to recruit and support volunteers using the Trussell Trust franchise model as follows:
- To work under the guidance of the Project Manager fulfilling tasks as directed.
- To answer the foodbank phone and respond to emails from the public with queries about the foodbank in the Project Managers’ absence.
- Receive, interview and process volunteer applications, including requesting references and checks as required.
- Ensure that all volunteers are aware of and adhere to all foodbank policies and procedures.
- Induct new volunteers, provide them with a Volunteer handbook and ensure that they sign a Confidentiality Agreement form and work within the boundaries of that agreement.
- Organise and facilitate volunteer training as required.
- Co-ordinate volunteer rotas for the centres and the Tesco/Asda Collections.
- Report any health and safety or safeguarding concerns to the Project Manager
- To respond to any emergencies that may arise in the Project Managers’ absence.
- Ability to drive.